Our traditional Saturday rides attracts hundreds of cyclists of all types and skill levels. Rides are organized by speed groups, and we welcome new riders and shepherd them through the rides to ensure a memorable experience.
Safety and Group Riding Techniques
Safety Support & Training. Our Wanna Bees group is specifically dedicated to foster safe riding. We teach group riding techniques.
Group Riding. We have twice monthly group riding sessions where we teach group techniques and etiquette to ensure a safe and satisfying experience.
SPBC is a member of:
- The Mayor’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee where bicycling initiatives are planned
- The Florida Bicycle Association that advocates for laws and regulations in the state legislature
- The League of American Bicyclists.
Discounts are available on bikes and accessories at participating local bicycle shops.
Parties and Social Events
SPBC hosts periodic events to encourage friendship among bicyclists (and their significant others). These include:
- Post ride Club Socials throughout the year, often by the Tampa Bay waterfront
- Annual holiday party for a night of fine food, drinks, entertainment and dance
- Volunteer Recognition party
- Annual Spring Classic event in Manatee County
- Special events like our 2016 Brewery Ride
SPBC cycling kits
SPBC cycling kits are available to Members for purchase at any time from our partner, BeSpokeKit. See the FAQ page for details.
We raise funds to donate to local charities.
We reach out to community organizations to advocate for cycling and open dialogues on how we can share the road.